Daisies and sunshine


I have been wanting to stamp daisies for some time and today I finally did. As I love the look of white embossing on kraft paper this is what I used. 
I stamped a flower center and embossed in yellow, then I stamped a fairly regular ring of 8 petals all around and embossed in white. I then stamped a new ring of petals and embossed to get an overlapping effect. This gave a very large flower, 13 cm across, so I decided to cut it up into 4 quarters to have a more manageble image to work with.



Below are two of the cards I came up with. The yellow flower center wasn't really yellow enough so I stamped it again on yellow card stock, embossed and cut out.

On the blue card below left, it became a sun (thus the title of the page) and then I added a strip of blue washi tape and a birthday greeting in bright yellow to complete the card.

For the green card I cut out two of the flower-quarters and stuck them down in opposite corners, adding the brighter yellow center at the end. 

 


 On this detail picture you can see that the petals are not uniformly white, the overlap is quite visible.





Comments

See other posts