Alstromeria

Today I have a very quick post featuring the Peruvian lily (am I the only one who only knew the name Alstromeria for this flower?) set from Altenew and some background texture as well.

This layering set is easy to stamp out and gives spectacular results - the flowers look fantastic! I decided to stamp these using all the pink, orange, red and yellow color families of the Altenew Crisp Inks and they all look great. Now what I did not do was stamp the insides in another color family - so you could have a pink outer and a yellow inner flower for example, the possibilities are endless!



Once I had all my flowers stamped and cut I pulled together some cards using inspiration from Svitlana Shayevitch - she is so clever with texture and I used some of her techniques adding color to wood cardstock. The first card has a natural wood color which was blended right on to the white woodgrain cardstock



For the second card I imagined painted, weather-stained wood that was created using Distress Oxide Inks, I also added a small strip of washi tape to balance out the black.


That's it for today, see you soon!


Comments

See other posts