A year in the life - 2019

For the last couple of years I have sporadically worked on stamping a calendar - in fact I have created pages month to month but not necessarily every month. When January 2019 came along I decided that this is the year that I actually create a full year at the start of the year.
This is what I made:


I used a DIY calendar from Paper Source that comes with an individual page for each month that can be displayed in the CD case the pages come in. As I am a card maker the size of these pages makes sense to me - 14x13 cm or 6.5x6 inch - I would not feel comfortable with anything larger than that.


I used products from my stash for my calendar - I would say use what you like and what you have on hand for a project like this!

If you read my blog you may have seen some of these pages before, I still wanted to include them here. I have listed the supplies for each page.

JANUARY
City Scene stencil  by Altenew
Distress Oxide in Frayed Burlap, Blueprint Sketch and Black Soot
Falling Snow stencil by Alexandra Renke
Texture Paste in Opaque Matte by Ranger


FEBRUARY
Love You So stamp set by Concord & 9th
Crisp Inks by Altenew in Charcoal Suit and Maple Yellow
Versamark Watermark Ink 
White Detail embossing powder by Hero Arts


MARCH
Shine Brighter stamp set by Concord & 9th
Crisp Inks by Altenew in Cloudy Night or Gray Denim (not sure which)
Polychromos pencils for light coloring



APRIL
Tulip stamp set by Altenew
Various Crisp Inks by Altenew for stamping and for water coloring / splattering


MAY
An older cling stamp that is no longer available but I think was called Second City Map by Hero Arts
Versamark Watermark Ink 
White Detail embossing powder by Hero Arts
Various Crisp Inks by Altenew for water coloring



JUNE
My Monthly Hero kits from May 2018 and January 2019 and Autumn Moon by Hero Arts
Crisp Inks in Cloudy Night by Altenew
Polychromos pencils for coloring


-

JULY
Extra Large Dots stencil by Simon Says Stamp
Distress Oxide in Antique Linen, Squeezed Lemonade and Fossilized Amber
Origami Animal by Hero Arts
Versafine Onyx Black ink 
Clear embossing powder by Hero Arts



AUGUST
Handpicked Bouquet stamp set by Altenew
Crisp Inks in Pink Pearl, Coral Bliss, Heart Beat, Vineyard Berry, Frayed Leaf and Forest Glades. Outline in Charcoal Suit



SEPTEMBER
Season's Greetings stamp set by Altenew
Crisp Inks in Espresso, Frayed Leaf, Heart Beat



OCTOBER
Leaves from Majestic Bloom, Beautiful Day, Build-A-Flower Rose stamp sets by Altenew
he leaves are from three Altenew sets:
Crisp Inks in Sunkissed, Orange Cream, Autumn Blaze, Firebrick, Sand Dunes and Evergreen by Altenew



NOVEMBER
Pop Art Pineapple stamp set by Concord & 9th
Crisp Inks by Altenew in Fresh Lemon, Sand Dunes, Bamboo, Parrot and Rubellite



DECEMBER
Ski Holiday stamp set and My Monthly Hero October 2017 kit by Hero Arts

Crisp Inks by Altenew in Cloudy Night
Polychromos pencils for coloring
Wink of Stella Clear for snow



This was a really fun project, albeit a little bit time consuming. I didn't plan anything at all, just stamped what pleased me  but next year I may think a little more before getting started. For example I feel I should not have put the images of February and March  and also August and September so close to each other, they are perhaps too much alike. Still I am quite happy with the result.





Please let me know what you think, I'd love to hear from you!

Comments

See other posts